/ / Teatro Goldoni: photos, description (Teatro Goldoni)

Teatro Goldoni: photos, description (Teatro Goldoni)

The Teatro Goldoni (formerly known as Teatro San Luca and Teatro Vendramin di San Salvatore, one of the main theatres of Venice. It is located at Rialto bridge in the historic centre of the city.

All the major theatres of Venice once belonged to a powerful aristocratic families, who thus joined income-generating business with pleasure. At a time when throughout Europe the theatres were still administered by the Royal courts, in Venice, has already begun to experience the decline of trade, it has become fashionable to invest money in theater. It was the 17th century, and in Venice in 1637, the year it was built the first on the continent to commercial theatre. The family Grimani, often tying the knot with family Vendramin, owned by the Malibran Theatre, later known as the Teatro San Giovanni Grisostomo, and the Teatro San Benedetto. Winery owned the La Fenice theatre, which to this day remains the leading one in Venice. In the ownership of the family Vendramin was the theatre of San Luca, founded in 1622, the year in the quarter of San Salvatore. From 1875, the year he became the Teatro Goldoni. The theater building was rebuilt in 1720-ies and has been preserved to our days. In the years when did Carlo Goldoni, the greatest playwright of Venice, just for the scenes of San Luca and the Malibran still staged plays. In that period, Goldoni wrote his most famous Comedy. However, the Vendramin family was with the playwright in a difficult relationship, and eventually in 1761, the year he was forced to go to Paris.

Over its long history, Teatro Goldoni has undergone several changes and has been rebuilt several times. The most significant was the reconstruction in 1818, the year under the direction of architect Giuseppe Borsato and new decoration of interiors in 1833, the year. In 1826, the year it was here for the first time in Italy was established gas lighting. By design, the Teatro Goldoni is a classic Italian theatre of the 18th century with a hall for four rows of galleries and balconies with a total capacity of 800 people. The stage is 12 meters wide and 11 meters deep.