/ / Theater Stork: photos, description (Teatro Storchi)

Theater Stork: photos, description (Teatro Storchi)

The Stork theatre is one of the cultural attractions of Modena. In the second half of the 19th century after the destruction of the temporary venues in the city of Bastion and fire at the theatre Aliprandi (1881 year), Modena was without special places for display of theatrical performances and various entertainment events. In contrast to the Municipal theater, which overlooks the city's main streets, the Stork theatre was built on the spot where once were the gates of Bologna (demolished in 1882, the year). The unusual location of the building helped to create the original architectural structure with a double façade - the main, North-facing Piazza Garibaldi, and goes West on Viale Martiri della libertà. The theatre is built in the Greco-Roman style architect designed elegant and harmonious building project with the use of stucco decorations for different parts of the building, including a modern lobby, Smoking room, coffee shop, etc. However, the building itself was built with a very tight budget and use second-rate materials, which soon manifested. The scenery quickly got damp and began to look like a cheap fake, and the whole building had become very stern look, which differed from that published in the magazines pictures.

The main facade of the theatre consisted of two parts with double glazed Windows and a pointed tip. There were arched openings with Doric and ionic columns. The second façade was allocated only a gallery with flat roof on the first floor. When the theatre was inaugurated, he had the auditorium is horseshoe-shaped with columns and a gallery with wrought iron railings and wooden seats. The semicircular roof of the hall was painted Fermo forti. To one of the stairs was accessible in the lobby, and from there to the terrace. On the ground floor there is a coffee shop and rooms of the actors, on the top floor - the bathrooms and living quarters and in the basement a stable for horses.

In 1893, the year the ceiling of the theater started to settle, which together with poor acoustics and "collapsing" scene led to the beginning of the theatre's reconstruction. The work was started by architect Luigi Sfondrini from Milan, who was engaged in the construction of the Teatro Costanzi in Rome, Teatro Verdi in Padua. On his initiative, was transformed in the roof, changed the plan of the auditorium and built a second gallery on the West facade. Work on the roof of the theater lasted for several years. In 1929, the year was renovated interior of the theatre, and in 1931, the year was radically revamped auditorium.