/ / The Church of San Filippo Neri: photo, description, (San Filippo Neri)

The Church of San Filippo Neri: photo, description, (San Filippo Neri)

The Church of San Filippo Neri - a late-Gothic Church in Torino, located in via Maria Vittoria to the left of the building of the Turin Academy of Sciences. The construction of the Church began on the orders of the aging Duke of Savoy Charles Emmanuel II, and was completed after his death in 1675, the year under the patronage of the widow, Maria Giovanna Battista of Savoy-Amurskoy. On the project of the Church architect Antonio Bettino, but in 1706, during the siege of Turin by the French troops, the roof of the building collapsed and 1715-1730-th years of the great Filippo Juvarra engaged in the restoration of the temple.

The main altar of the Church with six columns, crowned by statues of Faith, Hope and Love of the sculptor Carlo Francesco Pleura from the work of Antonio Bertola. The altarpiece painted by Carlo Maratta, a tribune and choruses framed by cupids Stefano Maria Clemente. In one of the chapels of the Church houses a painting by Ferdinando Cavalleri. The sacristy is decorated with frescoes by Luigi Vacca. To the right of the facade is the chapel built by the project of Bettina and decorated with paintings by Sebastiano Conca "Immaculate conception of the virgin Mary and frescos Gaetano Perego.

The impressive neoclassical façade of the Church designed by Giuseppe Maria Talucci in 1823, the year that attracts the attention of four monumental columns and a triangular tympanum. This severe linearity of the façade contrasts with the splendour of the interior decoration. Juvarra also invented the polychrome marble flooring of the presbytery.

The chapel, located to the right of the facade, is mainly used for concerts and theatrical performances. On its facade, almost at the very top, you can see a Cannonball caught in the wall during the siege of Turin, in 1799, the year. To the left of the chapel is the baptistery with its marble medallion, "the Baptism of Christ." Inside the baptistery is also richly decorated with paintings and frescoes.

Special holidays in the Church of San Filippo Neri on display exhibited "paliotto" - Church utensils made of mother-of-pearl, ivory, tortoise shell and wood. And between Christmas and Epiphany entrance of the Church decorated a nursery with 30 figures, made in human growth, and dressed in ancient costumes, crèches date back to the early 18th century.