/ / The Church Civico Tempio della Beata Vergine of Incoronata in Lodi: photo description (Tempio Civico della Beata Vergine Incoronata)

The Church Civico Tempio della Beata Vergine of Incoronata in Lodi: photo description (Tempio Civico della Beata Vergine Incoronata)

The Church Civico Tempio della Beata Vergine of Incoronata located in the small town of Lodi, is one of the main masterpieces of the Lombard Renaissance art. It was designed in 1488, the year Giovanni Battalio, a pupil of Bramante, in the later architects Gian Giacomo Dolcebuono and Giovanni Antonio Amadeo. It was built on the funds of the commune of Lodi, whence her name came the word "civic city. Interestingly, earlier on the site of the Church was located ... a brothel.

Civico Tempio della Beata Vergine of Incoronata is situated close to Piazza della Vittoria, the main square in Lodi. It has an octagonal shape and surmounted by a dome of the same shape with a lantern at the top. On the external side around the perimeter of the tambour of the dome there is a balustrade with small columns and turrets. The bell tower of the Church was built in 1503, the year, and the façade was completed only in 1879, the year under the guidance of architect Alfonsino Truzzi.

The interior of the Tempio Civico remarkable luxurious gold decorations. At the top of the arched galleries on (galleries) with blue and gold columns. It also kept an impressive collection of works of art of the late 15th - early 19th centuries the authorship of the work belongs to the most outstanding masters of Lodi. In particular, in the Church you can see four of Bergognone, including "the Annunciation" and "in the Temple", a polyptych by Martino and Albertino Piazza, as well as works by Callisto Piazza and Stefano Maria legnani. Near the Church is a Museum treasure hunt Incoronata.