/ / Villa godi: photos, description (Villa Godi)

Villa godi: photos, description (Villa Godi)

Villa godi is a patrician residence in the town of Lugo di Vicenza in the Italian region of Veneto. This is one of the first creations of the great architect Andrea Palladio, as he writes in his treatise "Four books on architecture". The construction of the Villa, intended for the brothers Girolamo, Pietro and Marcantonio godi, started in 1537, the year and ended five years later. Later rear facade of the Villa and the appearance of the gardens was slightly modified. Since 1994, the year Villa godi included in the UNESCO world Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO. Today the building itself and the surrounding spacious garden, laid out in the 19th century, are open to tourists all year round. Inside, on the ground floor is a small Archaeological Museum with a collection of fossil plants and animals.

Villa godi is striking in the first place, the almost complete absence of external decorations, so characteristic of the work of Palladio, and refined, symmetrical proportions of the façade. The building you can see a number of rooms, symmetrically arranged on either side of the main hall, and slightly recessed loggia. The plan itself was published on Palladian 28 years after the completion of the villas, and probably is a rewrite of the original project - for example, present a complex of agricultural outbuildings which are not part of a modern building.

Villa godi is a massive building consisting of three separate parts. The main hall is a place of reception stands out among residential areas and has nothing to do with them design. The stairwell is framed with balustrades, and its width corresponds with the width of the middle arches in the vaulted loggia. The interior of the Villa is decorated with frescoes by Gualtiero padovano, Giovanni Battista Zelotti and Battista del Moro.