/ / Villa Guiccioli: photos, description (Villa Guiccioli)

Villa Guiccioli: photos, description (Villa Guiccioli)

The history of the Villa, Guiccioli begins in 1788-the year when Verona Countess bombard sold all his property to Antonio Marchiori of Vicenza. He owned "houses and cropland, meadows and forests on Monte Berico" and spent considerable sums on improving their estates. In 1794, the year the Venetian Greek origin Marino Amaliapoli whose name is later called the hill, bought the house and other possessions Marchiori. And about 1799, the year construction began on the Villa by the architect, Giannantonio Selva. Amaliapoli died in 1803, the year, and over the next five decades, the property was owned by his heirs. Only in 1853, the year, the Villa became the Marquis Ignazio Guiccioli whose name she called. By the time the Villa was quite famous, because in 1848, the year it was on the hill Amaliapoli played out the fierce battle between Austrian and Italian troops.

Marquis, Guiccioli changed the look of the Villa. His heirs owned the building until 1935, when it, along with the adjoining lands was purchased by the municipality of Vicenza for the Museum of the Risorgimento and of the Resistance Movement. In those same years, were carried out restoration work.

Land belonging to the Villa, Guiccioli, is situated on four hectares on the top of the hill Amaliapoli at a height of 151 meter above sea level. The coolest part of the northeast, covered with forests and most of the hill is relatively flat. Today in the garden surrounding the Villa, you can find about 40 species of native and exotic plants. Shrubs with Laurel and yew, and evergreen trees make up about 63% of the total (mostly cedars and cypresses). In the Eastern part of the garden is a continuation of the surrounding forests: huge Holm-oak and cypress trees mixed with wild shrubs and trees. Throughout the Hiking trails winding among the flowering ash, elms, hornbeams and sessile oaks wonderful.