/ / Villa Cavazza: photos, description (Villa Cavazza)

Villa Cavazza: photos, description (Villa Cavazza)

Villa Cavazza is an architectural landmark in the small town of Bomporto near Modena in the Emilia-Romagna region. The land on which the Villa is an approximately 750-year was bequeathed Lombard kings to the Abbey of San Silvestro di Nonantola. In 776, the year the Frankish king Charlemagne left the Abbey the right to the lands they were owned by Nonantola for nearly 1100 years, until 1836, the year. In that year the Abbey, as stated in the documents, has transferred in rent for 99 years, which equals three generations of noble families in exchange for an annual fee. Among the noble families caught up in the list of potential tenants have been families Molza, Castelvetri and Cavazza.

The current architectural look of the Villa and other buildings - the result of modifications produced in the late 18th - early 19th centuries by members of the cavazza family, the last owners of the "investiture". Family, significantly increased his fortune through trade in grain, and also the former supplier of the French army during Napoleon's campaigns in Italy, has expanded the pre-existing building, adapting it to their needs. The original building is undoubtedly the oldest, was much smaller than today, its construction dates from the reign of Charlemagne. In that period, in the course of the special structure of the space - a series of fortified buildings in the centre of a large estate.

The Central building of the Villa - Corte della Quadra (Square Yard) or Palazzo della Quadra. Usually it mean when you say "Villa Cavazza" or "Palazzo Cavazza". It consists of three parts: a main house and two symmetrical lateral extensions, one of which is crowned with a clock tower Torre Dell'orologio. On the other extension dominated by the Torre della Meridian.

The Villa Cavazza-preserved elements of the earlier structures, for example, in the halls of the first floor side extensions and part of the cloister, topped by towers. On the second floor of the main building is a dance hall with high arches and a balustrade - he reminds one of the halls of Palazzo Ducale in Modena.

The last restoration of the Villa took almost 10 years, returned to the estate of his Shine, allowing the use of buildings for public and private events.