/ / Villa Contarini: photos, description (Villa Contarini)

Villa Contarini: photos, description (Villa Contarini)

Villa Contarini, also known as Vigna Contarena, - an aristocratic residence in the town of este province of Padua, located at the foot of the hills Eugenysa. The name "Vigna" means "vineyard" and is from fruit trees and vineyards that once grew in the Park of the Villa.

The Villa was built in the 17th century for Giorgio Contarini, a Senator of the Venetian Republic and descendant of a noble family of degli Scrigni. The building was designed to give more importance to the second floor, where dwelt the aristocratic family than the first, which was used for food storage, etc. once the area was hunting grounds, and there existed a kind of hunting Lodge. Probably the frescoes in the grotesque style, preserved in the Villa, date from this period, as the grotesque was popular in the 15th century. The main task of architects was to device a large Park in front of the building and the expansion of its West wing, in accordance with the canons of the Late Renaissance. In the 18th century was ordered build outdoor spaces for agricultural activities.

Despite the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797, the year and the Italian campaign of Napoleon, the family Contarini kept Vinho of Contarina in the property. Only in 1820-ies it was sold to a Prussian count, and after his death changed hands several times. 1992-гогодавилланаходитсявсобственностисемействакапорали. Today the Villa attracts tourists with some of the best frescoes in the Veneto region, the main of which are located in the East wing of the building, in the ballroom. In 1979, the year and the hall, and adorning the frescoes were restored.

The Western wing of the Villa is a Park which meets the ideals of the Italian garden of the Renaissance. The Park is walled on the South and South-East sides, and the remaining part is bordered by via dei Cappuccini.

Villa Contarini is one romantic legend. In the Park of the Villa, at the foot of a tower is the tomb of the Prussian count Christian von Augvina, who was the owner of the Villa in the 19th century. Moving to his Italian estate, the count fell in love with the young Baroness Kinkler, who lived in the adjacent Villa, but his feelings remained unanswered. Despite this, the Earl remained faithful to his love and wants to be buried standing up and facing Villa Kunkler. They say that spring nights, his Ghost wanders among the walls of the Villa and sighs of unrequited love.