/ / Villa Marlia: photos, description (Villa of marlia)

Villa Marlia: photos, description (Villa of marlia)

Villa Marlia, also known as Villa Reale di Marlia, is a luxury building in the late Renaissance style located in the town of Capannori in the province of Lucca, West of Florence.

Villa of the 15th century, built in Italian Renaissance style, belonged to the family of Buonvisi from 1517 till 1651-th years. In the 17th century the estate was built Palazzina del'orologio, with a dominant clock tower, and later was a garden in the style of "al Giardino Italiana", which was influenced by the dominant styles of the late Renaissance and Baroque. Today in the garden you can see the lemon garden with a large swimming pool with a stone balustrade and two statues of Giants, representing the rivers Arno and Serchio; Teatro d Aqua theater with Water fountains, statues and opulent mosaics; and the Teatro di Verdura - Green theatre, which is a platform under the open sky, surrounded by a wall adorned with terracotta statues.

In 1806, the year Napoleon's sister ELISA Bonaparte bought the Villa, Maria and the nearby Villa del Vescovo from the garden of the 16th century, as well as some other nearby buildings, increasing the area of the estate twice. At the same time it received a new name - Villa Reale di Marlia. The Villa became the official residence of Eliza, which by the will of his brother became a full ruler of the Tuscan land. In 1811, the year the Villa was rebuilt in neoclassical style, and on its site was erected a neoclassical building. Luxury pavilion Grotta del dio pan, located in the Villa del Vescovo, has retained its Baroque features. Lower garden laid out in Italian Renaissance style, was converted into an English landscape Park, which was then in Vogue. It was a small pond and a water garden with a wide terrace decorated with statues. In 1814, the year after the fall of Napoleon, the owner of the Villa was Maria Luisa of Bourbon, the order in which the bottom of the garden began the construction of the Observatory.

One hundred years later, in 1923 year, Villa Maria was purchased by the family Pecci-blunt, which was engaged in the restoration of the estate and the garden. In order to connect Palazzina del'orologio, and Grotta del dio pan, had arranged a Spanish garden with fountains and streams. In 2015, the year the Villa was sold into private hands, and it became known that part of the estate with an area of 19 hectares will be transformed into a luxury hotel. While the Villa is open for inspection and conduct group tours.