/ / Villa Molina: photos, description (Villa Molin)

Villa Molina: photos, description (Villa Molin)

Villa Molin is a patrician residence at Mandria, in Ponte della cagna, South of Padua in the Italian region of Veneto. The Villa was designed for nicolò Molin, a Venetian nobleman, under the guidance of architect Vincenzo Scamozzi and completed in 1597 year. She turned towards the village Mandriola on the opposite side of the Canal di Battaglia. The Villa itself, with its pastures and greenhouses gave life to residential residential area of Padua.

Villa Molin, with its stucco façade built in the shape of a perfect square on a high stone base with ionic portico, raised above a pedestrian path along the shore facing the channel. This facade of the Villa recalls the great Villa Rotonda by Andrea Palladio and Villa Foscari known as La Malcontenta. Other facades of the Villa is harmoniously symmetrical, with Palladian window in the center. The great Hall of the Villa are decorated with frescoes and various architectural elements (niches, columns, balustrades. On both sides of it are symmetrically located small room with a low arched vaults, which are connected with arched openings. That is, the Central room of the Villa has the shape of a Greek cross.

A plot of land on which stands Villa Molin, lies between Mandria and Abano Terme, he was owned by Donna Helena, widow of Vincenzo Molina, 1582, the year. When Nicolo decided to build a Villa for use as a summer residence, but turned to the most famous in those years the Venetian architect Vincenzo Scamozzi. Scamozzi quickly complied with the order, but Niccolo did not have long to enjoy the Villa, he died in 1608, the year, and Villa began to pass from hand to hand. Only at the end of the 18th century the Villa was the first restoration works, which allowed to keep its original look. B19-th century, when the Villa was owned by Marquis Michele Dondi Dell'orologio, there was built a Grand staircase to the upper floor, and around the villas were you will find a real Park.

During the First World war in the Villa Molin housed the headquarters of the military command, and here were held the negotiations that led eventually to the signing of the Austro-Italian armistice in 1918-m to year. In 1955, the year Villa Molin was again restored on the initiative of industrialist, Igino Kofler, who also created in the Park of Villa boxwood tree grove.