/ / Villa Torrigiani: photos, description (Villa Torrigiani)

Villa Torrigiani: photos, description (Villa Torrigiani)

Villa Torrigiani is located in the small town of Camigliano in the province of Lucca. This historical structure of the second half of the 16th century. The first mention of the Villa as a property of the family of Buonvisi found in 1593. Later it was purchased by Nicola Santini, in order that at the end of the 17th century South facade Villa was rebuilt in the Baroque style. Perhaps Santini was influenced by the architecture of Versailles where he was for some time served as the Ambassador of the Republic of Lucca. In the course of restructuring the building, two wings were added, and the pediment was modified — it was attached to a massive staircase, two balconies on the top floor and some statues as decorations. Santini also ordered to build new gardens. In front of the Villa around the two pools were arranged in parterres, and at the rear a fountain. Another water garden — Garden Flora - was arranged in the Eastern part. In 1816, the heiress of the family of Victoria Santini married the representative of the family of Torrigiani, who redesigned the garden in the style of an English Park. From the creations of Nikola preserved only Garden Flora.

Villa Torrigiani stands out among the other villas in Lucca and Tuscany colored facade of the main building — so the colors provided by the gray stone and tufa, of which the building is built of yellow pillars and arches, white marble statues, ochre plaster on the roof and a white top. A characteristic feature of the Villa are railings on the Windows — these elements can only be seen in the Villa Mansi. The man who made this beauty, was the Bolognese architect Alfonso Torregiani. The rear part of the façade in late Renaissance style with a large portico. Inside remarkable elliptical stairs, mouldings and various ornaments. There is also a private theatre.

In the Park of Villa Torrigiani you can see the wonderful cypress trees growing along the alley with a length of about 700 meters, beautiful entrance gate and a small house, previously destined for the residence of servants. There is also a small aviary, a fish farm and even a secret Garden of Flora with an Italian Nymphaeum. The heart of the Park is the Nymphaeum of Winds, named for the statues of the winds.