/ / Villa Trissino: photos, description (Villa Trissino)

Villa Trissino: photos, description (Villa Trissino)

Trissino Villa - the residence of Gian Giorgio Trissino located in the town Tricoli near the centre of Vicenza. For the most part it was built in the 16th century under the project, the authorship of which is traditionally attributed to Andrea Palladio. Since 1994, the year the building is included in the UNESCO world Cultural Heritage site by UNESCO.

This Villa Trissino not to be confused with another incomplete structure of the same name, located 20 km from Sarego and Palladio designed for Ludovico and Francesco Trissino

It is not known when Palladio began work on a Villa project Trissino, but it was the beginning of a legend of the great architect. They say that in the second half of 1530-ies of the Venetian aristocrat Gian Giorgio Trissino met a young stone Mason named Andrea di Pietro, who worked on the construction of his Villa. Trissino managed to see a young man netmoney talent and huge potential and became his patron - he introduced him into the circle of the Venetian aristocracy and helped transform a simple Mason in the famous Andrea Palladio.

Sam Gian Giorgio Trissino was a writer, author of theatre plays and works on grammar. In Rome he was well received in the circle of Pope Leo X Medici, where he met by Raphael. As a connoisseur of architecture, he probably was the author of the reconstruction project of a family Villa in Crucoli which he inherited from his father.

Trissino did not demolish the pre-existing building, but altered them in such a way as to highlight the main facade, facing South. Between the two old towers he placed a two-story arched loggia, the creation of which was inspired by the facade of the Villa Madama in Rome the works of Raphael. Trissino has transformed the interior into several side rooms, a great size, but having interrelated proportions.

Construction work on the Villa Trissino was completed in 1538, the year. At the end of the 18th century Vicentine architect Ottone Calderari significantly modified the building, and in the early years of the 20th century another reconstruction was finally destroyed traces of Gothic buildings, bringing the end of his "paladincecil".