/ / Academy gallery: photo description (Gallerie Dell'accademia)

Academy gallery: photo description (Gallerie Dell'accademia)

The Accademia gallery, also known as the Museum of the Academy, is one of the largest museums in Venice located on the Grand canal in the Dorsoduro district, and holds in its bosom a huge collection of Venetian paintings from the 14-18 th centuries. In fact, several of the galleries. They were founded in 1750-a year on the initiative of the Senate of Venice as a school of painting, sculpture and architecture. The idea of the Senate was turning Venice into a center of artistic education of Italy along with Rome, Florence and Milan. In addition, it was one of the first institutions in Italy engaged in the late 18th century with the study of the process of restoration. Initially the school was called the Academy of fine arts, and in 1807, the year became known as the Royal Academy and by order of Napoleon occupied the building, which is today.

A little later, closer to the middle of the 19th century, the gallery was turned into a Museum, and the creation of the Museum collections. Today you can see works by the greatest Venetian masters Paolo and Lorenzo Veneziano, Giovanni Bellini, Giorgione, Lorenzo Lotto, Veronese, Tintoretto, Titian, Tiepolo, Canaletto and many others.

The title of the Gallery of the Academy was named one of only four bridges in Venice to span over the Grand canal, the Accademia Bridge. It connects the Gallery building - a former convent and school of the Scuola Grande di Santa Maria della carità and the urban area of San Marco. The idea of the construction of this bridge originated in 1488, the year, but the construction itself took place only in 1854, the year. The author of the project of the bridge was Alfred Neville, who created it in the form of the original steel structure. At the beginning of the 20th century, the bridge was replaced by a wooden, since, as contemporaries believed, it did not fit in with the urban landscape, and in 1985-m to year, in its place built a new bridge while retaining the appearance of original construction.