/ / The Bishop's Palace and Seminary: photos, description (Palazzo Vescovile e Seminario Vescovile)

The Bishop's Palace and Seminary: photos, description (Palazzo Vescovile e Seminario Vescovile)

The Bishop's Palace and Seminary of the old structure, located in cefalù. The first is the residence of the local Bishop. Its construction was initiated by Bishop Francesco Gonzaga in the late 16th century, and the final completion of the work took place only under Bishop Francesco Vanni at the end of the 18th century. Last gave Palazzo Vescovile the form of an aristocratic Palace in accordance with the taste and style of the era. The coat of arms of Francesco Vanni with the date "1793" stands above the main entrance. The patio out the three inner facade of the Palace with balconies and cornices of volcanic tufa, decorated with arched tympanum. The side on which the door, facing low buildings with a flat roof. A recent add-on one floor a few weighted overall appearance of the complex.

To the Bishop's Palace adjoins the building of the Episcopal Seminary. It was built here in the late 16th century, the same Bishop Francesco Gonzaga. The facade of the Seminary is divided into three sectors of unequal width. Right sector, the largest in turn separated by wide pilasters with prominent consoles. In the middle on the second floor is a balcony with a cornice of volcanic tuff, and beneath it, the portal and two Windows, devoid of decoration. Two other sectors also decorated with pilasters, but more narrow, and articulated balconies with tambourines and pronounced cornices. The last floor is notable for the tiny loggia with projecting eaves.