/ / Castle Castello Introd: photos, description Castello Introd)

Castle Castello Introd: photos, description Castello Introd)

Castle Castello Introd in the eponymous town in the Italian region of Val d'aosta attracts tourists for its beautiful architecture and picturesque garden surrounding it on all sides. This almost round the castle barn has only recently been open to the public.

The construction of the primitive form Castello Introd probably refers to the beginning of the 13th century. As well as the Castello di Gran, it originally consisted of a square tower surrounded by a defensive wall. About 1260, the year Pierre Sarriod rebuilt the tower, and later, in the 15th century, it was repeatedly modified, with the result that took almost circular in shape, which today distinguishes it from other valdostane castles. All these transformations were made in the heyday of the family of Sarriod, which until 1420, the year United the lords Introd and La Tour, and later split into two independent branches.

In the second half of the 19th century Castello Introd survived two terrible fires, and in the early 20th century was renovated at the initiative of the then owner sir Gonnella that hired this architect Giovanni Cavalli. Today the castle is owned by the counts Caracciolo di Brienza, who has leased it to the municipality Introd. By the way, the name of the castle comes from the word "entre-Deux", which translated from French means "between the waters" - he stands on a rock, protected by the gorges of the rivers of Savar and Dora di Remes.

Among the ruins of the castle is a beautiful building of the 15th century, a rare instance extant of a house, built entirely of wood, a granary, intended to store grain. It is a valuable sample of the local architecture of the late middle ages. Both doors retain their original Gothic cast-iron gates.

Building for Castello Introd is called Kashin L Ola - in the past it was used as stables and a corral for the animals and as a hayloft. The oldest part of the building - this area is supported by five columns, with a roof with overhang. In the West wing you can see the old door lintel decorated with a keeled arch.