/ / Castello Pasquini: photos, description (Castello Pasquini)

Castello Pasquini: photos, description (Castello Pasquini)

Castello Pasquini - one of the main tourist attractions of the resort town of Castiglioncello. Its construction was started in 1889, the year after the Baron Lazzaro Patrone bought from the artist Diego Martelli land. The latter was forced to sell his property in Castiglioncello and Castelnuovo because experienced some financial trudnosti. On the project of the castle had architects, Luperini.

Castello Pasquini, built in neo-Gothic style and is reminiscent of the famous Palazzo Vecchio in Florence. Earlier in his place stood a small house of Diego Martelli, who was a member of the artistic group of macchiaioli, and to say, founded the so-called "school of Castiglioncello" (among its members was Giuseppe Abbati and Odoardo Borrani). During the construction of castle house Martelli, agricultural buildings and service extension were demolished, and the adjacent territory was turned into a Park, which was designed to dignify and conceal from prying eyes the new structure. The walls of the castle were built the caretaker's house, a winding line of which, especially the form of teeth on the top, repeated Gothic style of the castle. And in the Park you can see a small, round chapel.

Few Le after the construction of the Castello Pasquini in the Park built stables to replace those who were on the Piazza della Vittoria and was sold into private hands. Later, the Baron Cartridge gave part of their land for the construction of the building of the railway station with the condition that it repeated the style of a Gothic style castle, but not surpassed it. In the 1930-ies the inhabitants of the city opposed the project of the Baron for the construction of the treadmill and other buildings, and he was forced to abandon all their possessions in Castiglioncello and Castelnuovo. In 1938 he even sold the castle and Park, and in the second half of 1940-ies, the owner of Castello was the Pasquini family whose name the castle bears to this day. Pasquini has carried out the restoration of the castle and the Park, completely changing its romantic look. In the Park was a tennis court, a bowling alley and a dance floor. And in the early 1980-ies were in decline, Castello Pasquini was purchased by the municipality and transformed into a cultural center. Today in its walls there are theatrical and dancing performances, exhibitions and conferences, and was built in the Park theater and a coffee bar.