/ / Castel Lamberto: photos, description (Castel Lamberto)

Castel Lamberto: photos, description (Castel Lamberto)

Castel Lamberto is an old castle located in the village Lanes on site Brunico, in the Italian province of Bolzano. To reach the castle directly from Bruneck - walk will take about an hour, and the trip by car only a few minutes.

Castel Lamberto stands at a height of 990 meters above sea level, at the top of the cliff that faces the narrow gorge, and Fields in the Val Pusteria. First mentioned in 1090, the year - one of the documents says about the land of the chapel of San Lanterman. The castle was built in the early 12th century on the orders of the family Riskon, subjects of the bishops of Bressanone. After the 14th century the family Riskon ceased to exist, bishops castle passed from hand hands - in particular, its owners were the counts of di Gorizia. Later, the castle was twice destroyed in 1336 and 1346 m, respectively.

At the end of the 17th century another Bishop of Brixen gave the Castel Lamberto Johann Winkler von Ring, whose descendants owned the castle until 1811, when it became the property of the family of Hauptmann, which owns it to this day.

Special attention in the territory of Castel Lamberto deserves a small chapel built in the 17th century and renovated in 1962-m to year. This chapel is very popular among the residents of the surrounding towns and villages until the First World war, it was esteemed Holy Wilgefortis, the patron Saint of girls seeking to get rid of the annoying admirers.