/ / Castel Sant Antoni: photo description (Castel Sant Antonio)

Castel Sant Antoni: photo description (Castel Sant Antonio)

The Castel Sant ' Antonio is not particularly known among tourists, but, nevertheless, deserves attention. It is located at the beginning of the promenades of Bolzano.

Residential tower of Castel Sant'antonio, originally bearing the name of Carnal, dates from the 13th century. It was built at the confluence of Bolzano in the Val Sarentino and San Genesio - Gris/ San Maurizio. In ancient times this place across the river Talvera, originating in the Val Sarentino, was a bridge.

In the 14th and 16th centuries, the Castel Sant ' Antonio several times expanded. The complex included a chapel, a small Church of St. Anthony and a few dwellings. Its present appearance was given in 1900-m to year during the reign of lords, Sidman. It was then erected round the defensive wall with embrasures and battlements, the second tower and square gazebo. Today Castel Sant Antonio attracts with its partly preserved and partly restored carefully.

In those same years, at the beginning of the 20th century, the castle got its present name. The area of Bolzano, which is located in Castel Sant Antonio, is named after the chapel located on the grounds of the castle. This, incidentally, is one of the ancient districts of the city and one of the greenest. It originated cute urban promenades - Talvera and San Osvaldo, ideal for leisurely walks. The castle now is owned by the family of Aufschnaiter, whose members live in one.