/ / Literary memorial house-Museum of F. M. Dostoevsky

Literary memorial house-Museum of F. M. Dostoevsky

Photos and description

Literary memorial house-Museum of F. M. Dostoevsky is one of the attractions of the city. The history of this literary-memorial house-Museum began with one old house in which lived Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Dostoevsky, after four years in the Omsk convict prison, sent to Semipalatinsk, where he remained from 1854 to 1859, In early 1857, in Kuznetsk writer married M. Isaeva. After the wedding the family moved to the city of Semipalatinsk, where he lived for more than two years in the house of the postmaster Lapuhina.

In the fall of 1965 by the decision of Semipalatinsk city Executive Committee on the second floor of the house was opened city library. Head of library Z. G. Furtseva became a collector and curator of materials about the great writer. Thanks to her efforts was created the initial Fund of the Museum. Grand opening of the Semipalatinsk Museum in honor of F. M. Dostoevsky was held in may 1971 In the same year, when the whole world celebrated the 150 year anniversary of the birth of the famous writer, the Museum was awarded the status of regional literary-memorial. A year since the opening of the Museum to the memorial house was built on an unusual modern two-storey building in the form of a half-opened book. In the Annex is the repository, a literary exposition, library and cinema. Memorial house with modern annexe connects glazed lobby, symbolizing the connection of times.

To date, the Museum has 21581 storage unit (the main Fund - 15547 units, scientific-auxiliary - 6034 units). Visitors of the literary memorial house-Museum of F. M. Dostoevsky have the opportunity to learn a lot about the life and career of the great writer. The Museum contains an autograph by Fyodor Dostoevsky, as well as rare editions of the works of the writer and his contemporaries, a huge collection of books with autographs, pre-revolutionary literary criticism, memoirs and more.