/ / Memorial complex of Victory

Memorial complex of Victory

Photos and description

One of the attractions of Ust-Kamenogorsk city is the Memorial complex of Victory, was located at the confluence of two rivers - the Ulba and Irtysh.

The opening of the memorial complex took place in 1995, with the participation of the city of Ust-Kamenogorsk and residents. This day was significant for the citizens. Because in their own cozy town, a whole complex dedicated to the soldiers of the Eastern Kazakhstan who fought bravely and died heroically in the great Patriotic war (1941-1945).

The authors of this monument are the architect S. Khristoforov and sculptor V. Rappoport. The draft design of the memorial complex was designed by the design Institute of the production Association "Ulba metallurgical plant".

The memorial Victory complex consists of several parts: the mound — a symbolic burial, the obelisk on the pedestal and the eternal flame. This includes the Area of memory and Wall of heroes, lined with slabs of red granite on which the bronze was cast by the names of the dead Heroes of the Soviet Union. The wall of sorrow is a grey granite with text labels. The song finishes up in the sky stele. The eternal flame is a symbol of the memory of the fallen countrymen. The overall architectural and artistic solution is to use in the decoration of precious materials, namely bronze, granite and marble, which give the whole structure a monumentality.

Memorial complex of Victory is the most beautiful monument in the cozy heart of the city and a popular holiday destination for all residents and guests of Ust-Kamenogorsk city.