/ / Parroquia

Parroquia

Photos and description

The symbol of the city of San Miguel de Allende, considered the most beautiful temple, briefly called Parochia that in Spanish means the Parish, and in all the tourist maps called the Church of St. Michael the Archangel. This temple is visible from any point of the city. Nearby the famous square in Hardin, more like a cozy garden with elegant benches and manicured trees.

The parish Church of Parokya appeared in San Miguel de Allende, immediately after the founding of the city, that is, in 1555. In 1649, the building collapsed due to the lack of proper care. Until 1709 it stood in ruins. Finally, the temple was rebuilt in the Baroque style. Restoration work was supervised by the architect Marco Antonio Libraries.

By its design, the Church was significantly different from that of the Cathedral that we see now. Its new look the Church acquired from 1880 to 1890. Apparently, at the request of the local Bishop, Mason don Zeferino gutiérrez, never studying architectural business, has started the reconstruction of the temple of St. Michael the Archangel. He began the reconstruction of the facades of Parocchi, drawing inspiration in the images of Gothic sacral buildings of medieval Europe. In that period, on the idea of Mason, who became the architect was ruined Church tower, built in XVII-XVIII centuries. Has been completely redesigned Windows, choirs, the atrium, the roof, clock tower and even the altars in the interior.

By the way, the interior of the Church is not as gorgeous as her facades. History has not spared this temple, and much of the Church plate was lost.