/ / The Church Of San Jose

The Church Of San Jose

Photos and description

The Roman Catholic Church of San Jose is located in the same densely populated area, which is located North of the historic center of Puebla. The Church is famous for its altars and the chapel of Jesus of Nazareth, who is considered one of the best examples of Baroque novospasskogo. Also here are paintings by artists of the colonial period and the XIX century, Antonio de Santander, Diego Berruecos, Marimon, Pascual Perez, Miguel jerónimo Zendejas, Augustine of Arietty and Cayetano Padilla. In addition, in the Church you can see sculptures, attributed to the workshop of the Bark.

The worship of San Jose, or St. Joseph, in Puebla goes back to 1556 when the city authorities, concerned about the bad weather, decided to appeal to the heavenly patron and ask him to intervene and improve the weather. As this cartridge was elected St. Joseph. Later Bishop Diego Romano, when he became Archbishop, was built in the Northern area of Puebla a simple temple, which was to become a parish. The Church, consecrated in honor of San Jose, first opened its doors to parishioners in 1595. She was oriented to the West than was significantly different from the present-day Church. During the construction of the new Church of old did not demolish, and just expanded it. The most ancient part of the temple is near the main portal.

The new Church of San josé was started in 1628 and finished only in 1693. In the Church there was the chapel of Jesus of Nazareth. The architect of the new sacral buildings were appointed Diego de La Sierra, Gallperies.

Most beautiful chapel with three naves of the temple, consecrated in honor of Jesus, was built in 1706. Besides it, in the Church there are three other chapels.