/ / The Barn Richter

The Barn Richter

A branch of the Museum of Central Pomerania, Granary Richter appeared at the intersection of Copernicus and Freedom in 1780. It was built by a rich grain merchant Richter, who needed a safe place to store their goods. After 1945 the building was owned by a certain trading company, and then was used for its intended purpose - to serve the barn to feed the animals. Later it just closed and about it have forgotten. When in 1986 the possession of the Barn Richter joined the Museum of Central Pomerania, a former barn was in poor condition. So it was disassembled and shifted to a new location on Fisherman's square, where now it is admired by all tourists and locals. Permission to move historic buildings, dismantling and restoration of the parts took 7 years. The Assembly work, the Barn was led by a talented architect, Mr. Salewsky. For the three months granary Richter was erected at the Fishing area. The Grand opening of the old monument was held on 22 may 1998.

The barn Richter is now located near the residence of the Pomeranian Dukes ' Castle and the Mill gate mill, which also manages the Museum of Central Pomerania. Therefore, visitors to the city, bought a combined ticket to this place, it is not necessary to look for its branches all over the city.

In the rooms of the Barn, in addition to the showroom, where temporary exhibitions of the Museum, located a stylish tearoom. Smoking near this historic house is strictly prohibited, as its walls can be easily ignited.